Wednesday 8 October 2014

Last day :(

Yesterday was our last day of the trip. Even though it was our last it certainly did not have the least going on. The day started at an early 7 am to get ready for an 8'oclock check out of our hotel in Iqaluit. From there we walked to a research centre in Iqaluit for a tour. The building has a lab for sampling soil and water for contaminants. Then we met up with a group of students from the french school and had a tour of the territorial park in Iqaluit. The landscape was nice but many of us were tired from a late night when we went to a movie theatre together to watch"This is where I leave you". We had no time for lunch after the walk through the park and were quickly shuttled to the airport to catch our flight to Ottawa. We left Katlyn, a student from Baker lake NU, in Iqualuit as she had plans to meet family there. We then all chatted in the Ottawa airport and slowly said our goodbyes as the group members left. It was a very emotional moment leaving everyone behind. I really enjoyed getting to know all the kids on the trip and I had a great time with all of them. Then I flew from there to Calgary and then on to Kelowna where my Parents was there to meet me. I got home and in bed at 12 am local time but 3am my time and got ready for the next day when I had a full day of school.

This program was extremely fun and was something I am never going to forget. I will hopefully keep in contact with the friends I made on the boat and in Kugluktuk. The things I leaned and experienced are some that will not be able to be found anywhere else. Big thank you to Michelle Watts, the schools on board coordinator, without whom this trip would never have been possible.

-To no longer be continued… Jaxon!

No comments:

Post a Comment