Tuesday 23 September 2014

Kugluktuk!

Today was exhilarating and nonstop. We left our hotel at 5:30 and we flew from Edmonton to Yellowknife and from Yellowknife to Kugluktuk. Then we met a class and did some icebreaker games. We then took a tour of the community and went to the two supermarkets here. We then came back and played hockey with some local kids in the gym, needless to say we were humiliated by the high school students but were able to hold our own against the grade seven girls. We then broke up into groups for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was part of the dinner group and we had a budget of $120 and we had pasta dinner for 15 including pasta, drinks, garlic bread, and dessert. The weather here was -1 most of the time. The groceries here in some cases are 1.5x the regular because of how remote it is here and groceries have to be shipped in. I'm very excited to go to Bloody falls. I have attached some pictures from today, enjoy!
Also I got to try an inuit sport today called high kick and apparently I did well for trying for the first time. I have also included that video!
-To be continued... Jaxon!















No comments:

Post a Comment