Friday 12 September 2014

T minus 11 days!

Big news! Canada parks found one of the lost ships from the Franklin expedition! They are not sure whether it is the Erebus or the Terror. The ships were lost in the arctic while trying to traverse an unnavigated section of the Northwest passage. The expedition was lead by Captain Sir John Franklin who was 59 at the time and this was to be the last of 4 expeditions. Searches were made after the disappearance but only found a few graves from a some early deaths. The crew of 140 men were presumed dead along with John Franklin. I wonder how this will effect our trip to the arctic and what questions and discussions will come out of it. On another note I have continued packing and my most recent and exciting item was my long underwear. I am almost done reading the text book and I plan to finish it up this weekend.
To be continued… Jaxon.

No comments:

Post a Comment